Detoxification or cleansing of the colon is a therapy that helps remove toxic waste from your body. These wastes are generally feces accumulated in the large intestine and, if not removed, can lead to health problems.
Cleansing of the colon typically involves washing down your large intestine with any fluid that is safe for the body. Most people who have detoxed their colon experienced better digestion, improved immunity, mood improvement, and an overall healthier body.
Signs you need colon cleansing
Here are some symptoms that you need a colon cleansing:
- Bad odor: Your body can develop toxins even if you are living a healthy lifestyle. These toxins then try to escape through your saliva or sweat that gives off a bad body odor or smelly breath. Colon detox can flush out the toxins from your body and eliminate the body odor and stinky breath.
- Digestive problems: If you experience intermittent constipation, diarrhea, or acidity, these are signs you need colon cleansing. These digestive problems happen when the colon produces more mucus to deal with food- and lifestyle-induced toxins. Colon cleansing can help remove these unhealthy byproducts from your body.
- Fatigue: Fatigue or consistently feeling sluggish despite getting proper rest and sleep is another sign that your colon needs a detox. Fatigue happens because your body spends most of its energy combating with the toxins, leaving it with little or no energy to keep up with the regular tasks that you perform.
- Other signs: Other symptoms of toxin buildup in your colon include weight gain, not losing weight despite diet and exercise, pale skin, and acne.
Colon cleansing methods
There are many different methods of colon cleansing. You can choose to do it naturally or buy a colon detox product. Here’re the most effective ways to clean your colon:
- Probiotics colon cleanse: Probiotics colon cleansing is an effective way to do away with the toxins in your large intestine. Probiotics supplements and probiotic-rich foods also come packed with many health benefits. The probiotics remove the waste from your colon by producing good bacteria in your stomach, which overcome the toxins. Apple cider vinegar and yogurt are probiotic-rich foods that can help you cleanse your colon the natural way.
- Smoothies and juices: These beverages are good for your digestive system since they contain fiber and vitamins. On top of that, juices and smoothies keep your stomach and body hydrated. Apple, lemon, and vegetable juices are recommended for effective colon cleansing.
- Herbal tea: Drinking a cup of freshly made herbal tea once or twice a day is also a good way to get rid of the toxins in your colon. Herbal tea can also reduce constipation, especially laxative herbs like psyllium and aloe vera.
- Chia and flax seeds: Consuming these seeds will provide your body with fibers and Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for your digestive system and overall health. Chia and flax seeds have also found to be effective against burning sensation in the stomach. It is a good idea to consume these seeds either by adding it to a teaspoon of water and drinking the mixture or sprinkling them over salad.
Removing the dangerous waste from your colon can protect you from many likely health issues and improve your overall wellness. However, be sure not to overdo it and talk to your doctor before starting a colon detox treatment.
Brought to you by Google News. Read the rest of the article here.