Detox is required in order to eliminate toxins from your body, promote weight loss and improve your health. Common ways of body detox include limiting alcohol, fasting, consuming simple and light foods, etc. In this article, we are going to talk about 2 simple, easy and inexpensive ways to detox, shared by lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho on a live session on Facebook. He informs that lungs, liver, kidney, bowels and skin are the five eliminatory organs of the human body. Even if one of them is jammed, you will experience more sickness, inflammation, body pain, skin problems, weight gain and hormonal imbalance.
Full body detox: Try this simple method to detox your body naturally
Before knowing about the detox, Luke shares about symptoms that you need a detox:
1. When the lungs are unable to eliminate toxins (carbon dioxide from the body), you get sick, experience heart palpitations and toxicity in the body.
2. Liver functioning slows down if it is unable to deal with burden of toxins. It results in fatty liver, sluggishness, fatigue, etc.
3. If the kidneys are unable to filter toxins from the body, it will result in high uric acid in your body and increases toxicity in the body.
4. If your bowels don’t function properly, it will result in constipation and increase the duration of waste in your body. This leads to gastric issues, gut issues, bacterial issues, migraine and low immunity to name a few.
5. Skin, being the largest eliminatory organ of the body, will react with acne, eczema, skin irritation, dry skin, flaky skin etc.
“The human body is meant to detoxify naturally. And this can be achieved by taking proper rest and getting adequate sleep,” says Luke.
Luke says that rest refers to fasting when it comes to body detox. Continuously eating makes your digestive system work continuously. Fasting gives your digestive system some rest. Your digestive system, gut and pancreas can only heal and repair itself when it is in a state of rest. People going through cancer treatment, chemotherapy or liver problems need a detox because of high intake of medicines.
Giving yourself breaks and rests will automatically help you with body detox.
Well, intermittent fasting is the perfect and most natural way to detox your body. You can fast for 12 hours starting after sunset to post-sunrise, and it will give your kidneys, lungs, liver and bowel the required time and space for a detox.
Sleeping well is important for a healthy weight and good overall health. All the detox in your body occurs when you sleep. So, if you want a natural body detox, make amends in your lifestyle so that you are able to sleep well. Create a comfortable and cosy environment in your room, exercise regularly, quit smoking and alcohol, and do not use any gadgets at least an hour before your bed time, to get a good night’s sleep.
Sleeping and resting/fasting, is the perfect way to detox your body naturally.
Also read: Top 6 Ways To Fix Your Sleep Cycle
(Luke Coutinho, Holistic Lifestyle Coach – Integrative Medicine)
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.
Brought to you by Google News. Read the rest of the article here.