Theoretically, we all have heard this advice umpteen number of times “Eat a Healthy Diet. Avoid processed foods, sugary treats, trans fat, and calorie-rich meals. Include lean proteins and veggies”. Looks easy right?
Well, practically speaking detoxing can be a bit more tricky. The whole process concentrates on getting rid of the accumulated toxins in the body, which is difficult. So what to do next? That’s where a well-designed list of detox salads come in for your rescue.
Salads are a natural way of cleansing your body as they are a powerhouse of energy. Filled with cruciferous veggies and fresh produce, these enticing superfoods make detoxing downright delicious.
To make your weight loss journey easier, we have tailored our list with a bunch of inspiring salad dishes that will surely make you forget the cheat meals.
- Avocado, Cabbage, and Arugula Detox Salad with Grapes: Blessed with five of the supremely flavorful ingredients this cleansing salad is such a great addition to your diet. Crunchy cabbages boost the antioxidant power of the recipe and help in warding off toxins. While Arugula adds a peppery taste, it is also blessed with sulforaphane that is a cancer-fighting component. The cleansing dish also contains Vitamin C in the form of lemons along with avocado and sweet grapes. With such a refreshing dish in the front who wants anything else?
- Cauliflower and Tomato Detox Salad: This refreshing and healthy dish is packed with everything natural. Raw florets of cauliflower are grated into rice-like consistency and tossed around gently with tomatoes, kale, parsley, hemp seeds, basil, and pepitas. While pine nuts add a crunchy flavor, the whole mixture is finished off in a creamy dressing made of tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings that further boosts its properties.
- Kale Detox Salad with nuts, and Miso dressing: This is one heck of a flavored masterpiece in both layer and texture departments. The star of the dish is the kale which is marinated for about 15-20 minutes (this step helps to get rid of the grassier taste of the kale if you want you can skip it). After the given time break, the soft kale is mixed around gently with carrots, bell peppers, red onion, and avocado. To spike up the crunchiness of the dish it is further prepped with nutty cashews, edamame, and finally dressed with miso to bring in a dash of sweetness. Blessed with nutritional value, this salad amps up the body’s detox process and promotes clear skin.
- Paleo Detox Salad: Filled with healing goodness, this Paleo Detox Salad is for all those who are looking for a cleansing diet. Firstly, the recipe is packed with beets that are known for their anti-inflammatory and healing properties. The raw grated beet is mixed with savory cabbage and finely chopped cruciferous kale. To the veggies mixture, a handful of cilantro is mixed that is known to possess cholesterol-lowering properties. The salad is finally dressed with detoxifying agents like lemon, ginger, apple cider vinegar, and sun butter.
- Thai Zucchini Salad: It is unlike any other Thai dish! Packed with courgettes like zucchini, carrot, and cucumber this inspiring salad is full of essential vitamins. The dish is further dressed in Tahini that has components like phosphorous, iron and finally served with ginger. A warm, spicy, and flavorful detox salad, this one is a winner in every way.
- Radish and Dandelion salad: Dandelions are more than just pretty flowers that grow in the wild. Fresh stocks of these natural blossoms are full of calcium, iron, vitamin A, and C. With liver cleansing properties these greens are a great addition to the detox salad recipes. Mix them together with radishes, finish off with apple cider vinegar, and voila a tasty food is en route to your mouth.
Don’t you already love these amazing and delicious foods? Or you need more inspiration to eat veggies? All these above-mentioned salad recipes are a great addition in your dietary routine and help to keep your body clean and gut free from toxins. So, next time you think of going on a detox program, do include these tasty greens in your meals and gear up for a journey towards natural cleansing.